Post-Divorce Modification Attorneys in Seattle

Focused on Providing Exceptional Client Care

Modifications to existing divorce decrees are common, as individuals can experience substantial changes in one’s circumstances since a divorce was finalized. Finances may change, a parent may move to another state, or issues may arise concerning the care of a child. Whatever change you are experiencing, talk to our skilled Seattle divorce attorneys.

At Wakefield Penny, PLLC, we can help guide families through the modification process and represent a party who wishes to dispute a request for modification. We can walk you through the family law paperwork, the court system, and the entire process.

What can be modified?

  • Parenting plans
  • Child support
  • Spousal support

Property distribution provisions in a divorce decree are not modifiable. If you have any questions or concerns about modifying a current divorce order, our Seattle divorce lawyers can offer personalized guidance and trusted advice.

For a FREE initial evaluation, send us an email or call (206) 966-6933.

Justifying Modification After Divorce

Modifications must be approved by the court. Courts will only approve a request if an individual experienced a significant change in his or her circumstances that justifies the need to modify an existing judgment.

Modifications can be requested in the following circumstances:

  • A severe illness or medical condition
  • Relocation
  • Dramatic change in income
  • If one spouses remarries or cohabitates
  • If there is a threat to a child’s welfare

You should never simply relocate or refuse to uphold your court order. Such actions can lead to legal penalties, so it is important that you follow court procedures and submit a sound, convincing petition to the court with the help of an attorney. From start to finish, we can help you prepare a persuasive modification petition and resolve any obstacles or disputes along the way.

Contact Wakefield Penny, PLLC to tell us more about your changes.

Contact Us 24/7 for Your Free Case Evaluation

Send My Information