Notice: Due To COVID-19, We Will Be Conducting All New And Existing Client Consultations Via Phone, Email or Zoom Video Conferencing. Please Don’t Hesitate To Call Us If You Have Any Questions. Click Here For More Info

Seattle Family Law Attorney
For a Faster Response, Email Us 206.966.6933
Guiding You Through the Modification Process

Post-Divorce Modification Attorneys in Seattle

Focused on Providing Exceptional Client Care

Modifications to existing divorce decrees are common, as individuals can experience substantial changes in one’s circumstances since a divorce was finalized. Finances may change, a parent may move to another state, or issues may arise concerning the care of a child. Whatever change you are experiencing, talk to our skilled Seattle modification attorneys.

At Wakefield Legal, PLLC, we can help guide families through the modification process and represent a party who wishes to dispute a request for modification. We can walk you through the family law paperwork, the court system, and the entire process.

Contact Wakefield Legal, PLLC online or call (206) 966-6933 to schedule an appointment with a modification lawyer in Seattle. We're committed to providing you the highest levels of advocacy.

What can be modified?

Property distribution provisions in a divorce decree are not modifiable. If you have any questions or concerns about modifying a current divorce order, our Seattle modification lawyers can offer personalized guidance and trusted advice.

For an initial evaluation, send us an email or call (206) 966-6933.

Justifying Modification After Divorce

Modifications must be approved by the court. Courts will only approve a request if an individual experienced a significant change in his or her circumstances that justifies the need to modify an existing judgment.

Modifications can be requested in the following circumstances:

  • A severe illness or medical condition
  • Relocation
  • Dramatic change in income
  • If one spouses remarries or cohabitates
  • If there is a threat to a child’s welfare

You should never simply relocate or refuse to uphold your court order. Such actions can lead to legal penalties, so it is important that you follow court procedures and submit a sound, convincing petition to the court with the help of an attorney. From start to finish, we can help you prepare a persuasive modification petition and resolve any obstacles or disputes along the way.

Contact Wakefield Legal, PLLC by calling (206) 966-6933 to tell our Seattle modficiations lawyer about your changes.

We Deliver Personalized, In-Depth Attention to Every Case

  • “ The representation that Anne provides to her clients is truly unique.”

    Former Client

  • “Her professional demeanor instantly set me ease.”

    Former Client

  • “Professional, timely and self-confident.”

    Former Client

  • “I wholeheartedly endorse her and gladly will refer clients to her.”

    Professional Collegue

  • “Anne is always willing to spend extra time with clients.”

    Former Client

Let's Start a Conversation

  1. Proven, trial-tested experience
  2. Compassionate counsel and aggressive advocacy
  3. Highly recommended by peers and clients
  4. Personalized attention to your unique case
Fill out the form below and we will be in touch shortly
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.