Snohomish County Family Law Attorney
Offering Detailed Legal Representation in Snohomish County, Washington
Family law cases like divorces, alimony, and child custody disputes can be some of the most stressful and legally complicated cases to navigate. With your future, assets, and perhaps even familial relationships on the line, you need legal representation you can trust.
At Wakefield Legal, we believe that exemplary legal counsel doesn't have to break the bank. As hundreds of our clients can attest, we always put our best foot forward to provide clients with high-quality legal services at reasonable rates.
If you live in Snohomish County and need assistance with a family law case, we can help. Snohomish County family law attorney Anne Wakefield can leverage a wealth of legal experience to help you tackle a variety of cases, including:
- Divorce. Receiving an unfavorable judgment in a divorce can be personally and financially devastating. Our team here at Wakefield law will work with you closely to develop a comprehensive understanding of your unique circumstances and formulate a personalized legal strategy tailored to your needs. Divorces are often emotionally draining processes. We'll handle your case with the attention it deserves, so you can rest easy knowing you're in good hands. Whether you're embroiled in a contested divorce where neither party agrees on how to proceed or engaged in a more amicable divorce arrangement, we can help you protect your best interests in and out of court.
- Child Custody. In any contested divorce where children are involved, child custody is a contentious issue. You want the best for your children, but sometimes dealing with a child custody case can feel like running up against a brick wall. Attorney Wakefield will work with you to break down barriers in your case and develop an argument that resonates with the court. We understand that parents often care more about the outcome of their child custody arrangement than any other aspect of a divorce. We'll handle your case with care and compassion, so you can focus on maintaining a strong relationship with your children while we handle the legal side of things.
- Child Support. Whether you're seeking child support from your ex or being asked to pay child support yourself, we can help. Attorney Wakefield will work with you to help you understand your options and case more thoroughly, so you can pursue a legal outcome that satisfies you. We'll ensure all the necessary steps are taken to represent your case in court thoroughly.
- Postnups & Prenups. There are a lot of misconceptions surrounding postnuptial and prenuptial agreements. Realistically, postnups and prenups are an excellent way for spouses to ensure their marriage is fair and balanced, and that the needs and concerns of each spouse are represented in the union. We'll work with you and your spouse's attorney to draft a detailed postnup or prenup that accurately represents your best interests. Whether you want to protect your spouse from that risky investment you're finally ready to make, or just want to make sure you're dividing property between each other equitably, we'll work with you to make the postnup or prenup process as painless as possible.
- Property, Asset, and Debt Division. When it comes to post-divorce finances, few issues are of more consequence than how your property, assets, and debts are divided by the court. To remain financially secure post-divorce, you need to try and ensure your property, assets, and debts are equitably divided between you and your ex. Of course, property, asset, and debt division are easier said than done—they're complicated legal processes, and you don't want to risk your financial stability by taking them lightly. We'll help you understand the ins and outs of your case so you can move forward with confidence.
- Domestic Violence. Whether you want to obtain a protection order against an abusive spouse or family member or defend yourself against a domestic violence charge, we can help. Attorney Wakefield has experience handling both ends of the domestic violence spectrum and will work with you to develop a case strategy for your unique situation. Dealing with a domestic violence case is never easy, but we'll be there by your side to help ensure you don't have to go it alone. No matter the circumstances of your domestic violence case, we're here to help.
- Dependency. Although dependency cases are less common in the family law arena, the consequences of receiving an unfavorable judgment in a dependency case can be severe—parents who lose dependency cases can also lose their parental rights. At Wakefield Legal, we understand that dependency cases are often exceptionally stressful for parents and can be challenging to understand. If you're feeling overwhelmed by a dependency case, don't hesitate to reach out to our team here at Wakefield Legal. We'll work with you to understand your case in detail and formulate steps you can take to resolve your case and protect your parental rights.
- Court Modifications. It's likely that at some point post-divorce, you or your ex will experience a change in circumstances that makes the original provisions outlined in your divorce case less than ideal. Maybe you or your ex finally landed that dream job and no longer need to receive spousal support. Alternatively, perhaps you've fallen on hard times and need more child support to care for your children adequately. Whatever the case, we can help you file for court modifications so you can help make sure your divorce orders accurately reflect your current situation. Don't settle for less than you deserve—we can help you understand and navigate the process of modifying court orders from start to finish.
- Post-Decree Enforcement. If your ex violates the terms of your divorce, you deserve compensation. We'll help you file for post-decree enforcement to ensure the court upholds the terms of your divorce and will fight for your rights in court if necessary. At Wakefield Legal, we'll do everything in our power to ensure your case is accurately represented in court, and your divorce decree is upheld.
If you're a resident of Snohomish County, Washington seeking legal assistance with any of the above matters and more, Wakefield Legal is here to help.
We understand that each and every case is unique, which is why we go to any lengths necessary to understand our clients' unique circumstances.
No matter what kind of family law case you're trying to navigate, you deserve exceptional legal representation. Let us help you work towards the legal outcome you deserve.
Contact us online or give us a call at (206) 966-6933 to receive help from Snohomish County family lawyer Anne Wakefield today.
We Deliver Personalized, In-Depth Attention to Every Case
Anne is always willing to spend extra time with clients.
“Anne is always willing to spend extra time with clients and I frequently find her going to lengths on a case that many other attorneys would not. She is persuasive in front of judges and juries. I'm sure I will be referring more clients to her soon!”
I wholeheartedly endorse her and gladly will refer clients to her.
“I know Anne through the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyer's College. She's an excellent advocate and fights hard for her clients. I wholeheartedly endorse her and gladly will refer clients to her for criminal matters.”
The representation that Anne provides to her clients is truly unique.
“The representation that Anne provides to her clients is truly unique. She shows tremendous compassion towards their circumstances, but yet advocates effectively on their behalf. She is an excellent attorney.”
She is impassioned and cares deeply for each of her clients.
“Anne Wakefield is an excellent attorney and counselor at law. She is impassioned and cares deeply for each of her clients. Anne has the skills to take a case all the way through a jury trial. I often refer clients to Anne because I know that she will give 100% and offers excellent client service.”
Her professional demeanor instantly set me ease.
“I received legal advice from Anne Wakefield over a critical personal matter. Her professional demeanor instantly set me ease. She was kind, cordial, knowledgeable, and most of all, made it easy to understand my situation and my options. Anne was very patient when it came to explaining different scenarios and I left feeling empowered about my situation. I would definitely contact Anne Wakefield again should I ever need legal counsel.”
Why Choose US?
Personalized attention to your unique case
We are responsive and supportive and we engage our clients in strategy development and decision making, giving you an overview of the law and explaining how the legal factors apply to your unique circumstances.
We pride ourselves on our responsiveness and our proactive approach. We review all of the evidence with you and give direct advice about what will best position you to succeed in meeting your legal goals. We are very strategic and we know how to rapidly craft thoughtful strategy in an emergent situation.
Highly recommended by peers & clients
It is rare to find a team that is exceptionally skilled in settlement negotiations and simultaneously armed with the experience and skill to step into court on a moment’s notice. We are both counselors at law and advocates. We know it is best for clients to craft their own settlement that fits their family’s unique needs. We also start clients away from wasting time and money on fruitless negotiations when litigation is warranted.
Our clients benefit from our reputation in the legal community. We are knowledgeable and detail-oriented in front of judges and commissioners. Opposing counsel know us and they know that we are prepared to go to court if negotiations fall through.
Compassionate counsel and aggressive advocacy
We understand that Family law touches on every aspect of our clients’ lives. We know that we are advocating for an outcome that will significantly impact your day to life for years to come. We know that your future ties back to our future success because happy clients are the foundation of a thriving legal practice.
Proven, trial-tested experience
We have a team of experienced attorneys with diverse backgrounds who bring great depth and strategy to our case plans. We use a team approach to ensure that each client is fully supported and we have the capacity to specifically match each client with the very best lead attorney for their unique circumstances.